Sunday 17 March 2013

Games Workshop changes their policy... again.

Hi guys,

I just finished filming my next stop motion. Taking a break from it, I decided to catch up with the latest war gaming news.

As some of you probably know already, GW has changed their Policy again. The goal is to disallow the selling of Games Workshop products through independent retailers via online stores. This seems to have already happened to some places, but now they trying to be through.

Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse, GW manages to find a new way to upset their fan base.

Now I'm no lawyer, so I don't know the full extent of the policy change. To me, the worst part of this that the beloved Miniwargaming may suffer from this.

Miniwargaming, in my eyes, has brought more support to the hobby than GW ever has (other than the fact that GW makes the models and books). MWG to me, is like a center of the war gaming community. Through their videos, forums, events, sales, contests, etc., they have brought a sense of fellowship to the war gaming industry. That's something that cannot be bought, it's something that's earned.

GW has threatened the community this way before, but this is a new low. I almost want it to be GW's downfall. But I would rather have them learn and turn their company around than do the alternative.

I'm looking forward to hear what MWG has to say about this. Maybe it's not as bad as I'm interpreting, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would hate to see MWG have to go through a financial struggle because of this. I just hope everything works out.

For Miniwargaming's news posting of this, click here.

Although these videos are from last year, they are as relevant as ever. Here is Matt from Miniwargaming's open letter to Games Workshop.

 

Here's to hoping Games Workshop can see some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment